The primary school opened in September 2006, following the amalgamation of Amesbury Infants and Amesbury C of E (VA) Junior Schools and was named Amesbury CE (VC) Primary School.
There has been a school in Amesbury on this site for over a hundred years and some of the original school buildings date from the early 1900’s. Many of our parents and some of the grandparents of our children attended school here and so we have a long tradition to follow.
During the 1960s there were extensive additions to provide the schools with new and larger facilities. Later, in the 1990s, a new wing was built that currently houses the administration offices, staff room and resource areas and more recently (2000) a lottery funded Sports Hall was added. At the time of the amalgamation of the schools, the classrooms were updated and building improvement and modernisation work was carried out, to combine the two schools on one site. Since then, further improvements have been undertaken to include a complete redesigning of the Early Years area into a modern ‘village’ style; a new extension incorporating three large classrooms, toilet block and a Nurture Centre; the conversion of an old classroom into school kitchens and purpose built children’s food technology facilities; total renovation of all the toilet blocks; a new purpose built Art Studio; and lastly, a large reception/office area in which to greet visitors.
The grounds have been totally redesigned with a new pupil drop-off area to help speed up morning drop-off to school; an outdoor classroom and forest school provision – all within our own grounds.
The school has grown considerably in size with the school over doubling in size over the past seven years. The school is now a two form entry (two classes) apart from one year group that has three classes, known as the ‘bulge’ year.
We are a Church of England School and have close links to the St Mary & St Melor Church in Amesbury.